"An invaluable resource for frustrated parents,..The Homework Trap...should be required reading for all teachers, school counselors, and principals. "
---Dr. Cathy Vatterott, Author of Rethinking Homework.
"Goldberg helps us see that homework problems develop over time and that they are educational problems, NOT moral or behavioral problems...Where was this book when my son was growing up?"
---Dr. Etta Kralovec, Co-author of The End of Homework.
"Bravo to Kenneth Goldberg for focusing his clinical psychologist's eye on the problems with homework."
---Sara Bennett, Co-author of The Case Against Homework.
"I recommend the book highly to everyone who cares about children."
---William Crain, Ph.D. Professor of Psychology, City College of New York.
Click here for full reviews.
The Homework Trap is a model for helping children who are persistently homework noncompliant
Popular Blog Posts
Here are links to our most visited blog posts:
1. Homework and ADD
2. Homework Relief Forum
3. To Fail or Not to Fail: That is the Question
4. 8 year old girl humiliated over homework
5. Article in The Washington Post
6. Respecting Teachers
7. Parent Teacher Contracts
8. Homework Trap and Learning Disabilities
9. Recommended Homework Email
10. National PTA Homework Petition
11. Rigor vs. Vigor
12. Long Term Consequences
13. A Six Week Check
14. Homework Menu
15. Two from the Washington Post
See blog posts.
Is Your Child Homework Trapped?
- Do you spend hours every night fighting with your child over homework that does not get done?
- Will your child endure almost any punishment rather than complete his homework?
- Even when your child tries, does he seem to get very little done?
- Does your child push you away when you try to help?
- Does your child come home from school without his assignments?
- If your child does his homework, does he fail to take it in?
- If he takes his homework to school, does he fail to turn it in?
- Was he once eager and interested in school?
- Do parent-teacher conferences get you nowhere?
- Do you think about homework nearly all the time?
If this describes your life, you're in the homework trap. I can help.
Call 856-547-4000 or complete a contact form.
If you live outside the South Jersey/Philadelphia area, I can consult by phone. Call 856-547-4000 or complete a contact form.
I can speak with your school or parent group. Call 856-547-4000 or complete a contact form.
The Homework Trap: How to Save the Sanity of Parents, Students and Teachers is available through Amazon in print and Kindle form. Group purchases should be made through Wyndmoor Press.